Playing Catch Up...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

No snappy title here, just a cold hard update

Merry Christmas! I know it has just passed, but pretty much any time during this week and it still counts - right? I hope everyone had a great actual Christmas day - whether it be in the Bay Area, San Diego, or in the Philippines.

I did the usual Christmas Eve in Fresno and Christmas Day in Fremont at the grandparents' house. My cousin Megan is up at UC Davis now, doing the Vet thing. She's being a foster home for dogs at the county's SPCA. On both Thanksgiving and Christmas, she's brought dogs to the family festivities. On Christmas, she brought two 3 week old puppies (there were part of 12 puppies that were dropped off at the SPCA's drop box). They're not sure what they are breedwise, but they were damn cute. I grew kinda partial to the girl - white with light and dark brown spots - so adorable. I want a dog. I do. But I know how much responsibility they are and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. It's so tempting though. And the roommates think, while it'd be fun, it's too much work for us. We'll see if I can resist the temptation.

Nothing much new from my neck of the woods. The Friday before Christmas, I finished up my placement in the first grade long term sub. It was fun, kids were cute...allbeit, dependent and slightly annoying at times. After the Christmas break (Jan. 8th) I'll start in the 4th grade classroom. Which means, more kids (30 instead of 20 students), more back talk, and more pressure from the administration (there are a lot more assessments, both formal and informal in the upper grades.) I did, however, get an email from the Vice Principal thanking me for going "above and beyond". I talked to her about next year and she talked about how, given the openings, she'd love to see me at this school. Which is nice to hear.

So I guess it comes to whether I will stay in Fresno. And....I'm going to. For at least a few years (2-3 ish). It just makes sense right now. I have the house already there, I'm familiar with the school districts, etc. It will just be a little lonely - as my fellas are moving on to grad school, where ever that will be. And I know I will make other friends, but it'll be hard when I've spent pretty much every waking (and sleeping - now) moment with them for the past 4 years. And this is no way means that I am spending the rest of my life in Fresno - hell to the no.

SO....as for the more near future...I'm in Hayward now. Don't know what I am doing for New Year's - may head back to Fresno to celebrate with the boys. Then I'm coming back for Gina's birthday (though I don't know what's going on). And at some point, I am sure I'll see Shara - we'll have to schedule around Hawaii (maybe IHOP again - I've been craving those pancakes.)

I guess that's about it. I don't have any startling heath updates like Jo or Shara (which, I guess is something to be thankful for). Nor do I get to brag about any sex - though, I'm really wishing I could.

One miscellaneous update: I have closed one chapter in my life completely. And even though I'm being cryptic I know you guys will crack the code. And, for that, I'm proud of myself.

Yep, that's it.

The End.

Love, Katie.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home