Playing Catch Up...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ch...ch...ch...changes.

So, admittedly, it's been awhile. In fact, I haven't been on here since last year. So, let me give a quick recap before the big news - which, because I've set it up so much, may be kind of a let down.

Still doing the long-term subbing thing. Been in the fourth grade for about a month and a half now. It's hard work - harder than what I'd like to be doing for the pay that I get. When I start thinking about how normal, daily subs get $90/day and I get $15 more for doing about a million times the work (because I'm doing everything the normal, full time teacher would do)...it pisses me off. But it's fun, and hopefully, all my hard work will eventually pay off because my health insurance is up through my parents when I turn 23. I need a REAL teaching job. No word on anything yet.

There's really not too much going on here in Fresno (is there ever?) I went home for a night 2 or so weeks ago for my cousin's 21st birthday dinner. I planned on making it a weekend, but Jason was visiting from Disneyland, so I came back early.

Okay...so, backstory. I've wanted a dog for awhile. I've always had a dog and the not having one in college was sad. So, now that I can have a dog, I've been giving it some thought. My cousin, Megan, fosters dogs for the SPCA and on Thanksgiving, she brought a pretty cute dog to the family festivities. It kind of got me thinking. IF I am going to get a dog - why not now? I mean, yes, I'm working, but I'll always be working, so the dog had gotta get used to being alone during the day. And right now, I have two boys just waiting to love a new dog. Plus, David'll train it for me - which is a plus.

So, I guess it comes down to this.

Meet my new dog:

She's a Chihuahua/Terrier mix. I know, I know. But she's damn cute. She's around one and a half years old, 12 lbs. and full of energy - but also really calm sometimes. Of course, what do I know, I've only had her for 24 hours. I picked her out at this place in Fresno called Animal Rescue of Fresno (ARF). She had been there for 2 weeks after having been tied up to a post overnight on a really cold night in Fresno. She's a bulkier Chihuahua, like a Jack Russel terrier body - pretty muscular. She's really soft and she doesn't shed - yet. She's also got the most amazing ears - very Yoda-y. We're still deciding on a name, though I think I've settled on Izzie. Izzy? I don't know. I'm saying it's short for Isabella - but really, I think it's a Grey's Anatomy reference - even though I don't like the character Izzie. Okay, "ie"....not "y"...it's decided. David's already taught her how to sit. And she's got amazing balance and can stand on her two back legs for...as of right now, a record 12 seconds. She hasn't had one accident - even overnight in her crate. We don't really know too much about her because she was just dropped off at the shelter - but she's well adjusted. She's really sweet and attentive - again, 24 hours.

So, I guess I'm a grown up. Someone else is depending on me for life. I really like her so far, she's been sweet to everyone so far - except growling at the TV and at my leopard gecko, Chandler.

I guess that's all for me. I'll add more pictures of her so you can see the new addition to my life. Miss you guys, talk to you later! I'll be bringing her with me anytime I come home - so hopefully, you'll all meet her soon - or at least within a few months.

Talk to you later!

Love, KT

More of Izzie.


1 Comments:

  • super duper cute!!! You have to bring her back home so we can see her!!! =) Aww I want one so bad too! but tell me how you take care of it when yer not home and such - bc that's the main reason we haven't gotten one!

    By Blogger * Shara, at 3/19/2007 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home