Playing Catch Up...

Monday, April 30, 2007

One per month?

Looks like we're slowing down the posting schedule here ladies. We've got an average of one post per month - which is still good that people are updating - but let's get back into the groove. Whatdasay?

So...last time I posted, I had just gotten Izzie - the dog. It's been over two months now (I guess I'm guilty of the posting lapse as well) and she's still awesome. She's gotten a little more comfortable, and therefore, vocal and protective. She's not overly barky - just when people come to the door and when there are new people she doesn't know. She's adorable though when you come home from a long day at work and she is just SO excited to see you, jumping up and down and twisting. It's nice to come home to.

I've finished up the 4th grade long-term substitute and have had a few weeks of random subbing. There hasn't been much of that because I've been busy with other stuff and it's the state testing season - so teachers are less likely to call in subs. In the middle of May, I start my final long-term subsitute for 3 weeks in a third grade class. In the meantime, I'm using my time to look for a job - because I have a month or so left on my parents' insurance plan. I went to a job fair and got good results - but it's mostly just a screening process. I still have to officially apply for certain jobs, but when my application comes in they can say, "Oh yea, I remember her, we liked her." I also talked to a woman from Castro Valley - though I've pretty much decided to stay in Fresno for a bit longer.

Recently, because I'm finished with the long-term subs, I've gotten to have more time to travel. Oh, side note: I got a new car. It's a Honda Civic (I know, I'm a traitor to Toyotas). I like it a lot. Anyway, I drove down to San Diego with Todd two weekends ago to check out UCSD for graduate school and to visit Deanna & Ryan. I had a blast, hanging out, being in San Diego instead of Fresno, and seeing D & R. Then this past weekend, I went backpacking in the mountains for a night. It involved a mile hike that covered 1,000 feet of elevation, while carrying a giant 30 lb bag on my back. Now, it's hard to picture that - or at least for me because I'm not good with measurement. Anyway, it was a long friggin' mile - basically like climbing up and down granite stairs covered in pine needles, leaves, and fallen trees. My quads still hurt a little...scratch that, a lot. And later this week (Wednesday to Saturday morning) I'm going to drive home (to Hayward) to hang out and watch my cousins. I'm bringing both new things in my life - Izzie and the car...so I'll try to make it a point to see everyone.

As far as the future goes: David is moving to Hawaii in June to look for a place while he's at the University of Hawaii for his PhD. Todd is moving to San Diego to go to UCSD's Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Both boys got into their dream schools and I'm super excited for them. Only a little sad that BOTH of my roommates are leaving me for bigger and better things and I'm stuck (by choice) in Fresno. Anyway, to fill up one of the rooms, David's younger brother Kevin is going to move in with me. He's a good guy who needs to get out of his small town (and move to Fresno?!?) With an empty room, I'm looking for a new roommate. It'll be strange...new...kinda scary. I think I'm just really going to miss David and Todd.

Okay, I think that's all for me. Covered the past, present and future. I'm good to go.

Hope to hear from you gals soon!!

2 Comments:

  • DUDE now we have the same car!! ::high five::!!! What color is your Honda Civic? Mine is Ice Teal. =)

    By Blogger Johanna, at 4/30/2007 11:20 PM  

  • Jo -

    It's Galaxy Gray Metallic. In the bright sun it looks bronze-y (a little too much for my liking) and when darker or not so bright sun, it's gray metallic.

    Yea - the Civics ARE nice!

    - Katie

    By Blogger * Katie *, at 5/01/2007 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home