Playing Catch Up...

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ho on the Go

Hey ladies, just a quick post about something funny I found. Or maybe you've already heard of it, and if you had then I'm wondering how and why, haha. Anyway, there are these little travel packages called "Ho on the Go" and it's basically a thong, travel toothpaste and toothbrush, condoms, and a face towelette for ladies who want to be prepared for a night on the prowl, if you know what I mean. Not saying that any of us is a prime candidate to purchase one of these (but of course if you are, hey cool I didn't know!) but I thought it was kind of a hilarious concept and I just wanted to share it with you guys. I can think of a couple of people I might buy one of these for...none of you, of course! =)

HO ON THE GO

I also stumbled upon this cool website, RARE BIRD FINDS, that is basically a blog about cool things to shop for. Yeah, this is what I do to keep sane around here. Everything is going well, just crazy busy because the new school year just started (it started in April). Also, my friends Kristen and Andrew are coming to visit (I met them when I was at Cambridge) so I'm getting ready for that. Miss you all so much, seriously. I'm coming home for sure this summer for a little bit, though I'm not certain exactly what dates yet. It will be in July or August. Will keep you posted of course.

Not much else going on. I really like living in Japan, though I find that the more Japanese I learn the more I NEED to learn, if that makes sense. There's so many things I don't know how to say. And let's not even start talking about learning to read, because there's three different types of characters. I can read a little bit but definitely whatever I know is strictly for conversation purposes. I was thinking the other day, totally off topic, that even though I'm having a lot of fun here, it's going to suck to have to move back home because when I got here I sort of got established, with my own apartment (man I love tatami mat rooms! I might have to have that stuff installed in my place when I move back home. Multipurpose, I'm telling you!), a lease car (yeah, I finally got used to driving on the left side of the road. Let's see what happens when I get home though..), bank accounts, etc. I'm gonna have to move home and get resettled, it'll be interesting. Though I still have another year to worry about it. Of course the thing I miss most though is having you ladies around, seriously. It was to be expected, but I haven't met anyone here that has become a close friend. I have a lot of people I like to hang out with and stuff but no confidants or serious friends. I miss you guys a lot. Anyway, sorry for the random post, I find that I've become weary of doing "this is what I did" posts because I was doing that on my personal blog for a while and I guess I just do so much random stuff that I'm too lazy to post about it. So I'm just gonna keep up with random thought posts if that's okay.

About to go to bed. Tomorrow is Sunday, Mother's Day, and I gotta wake up early and call my momma. Then, in the afternoon, my friend Noriyo, who is almost 30, has invited me to go to a Mochi-nage. (I have a few Japanese friends but most of them are in their late 20s or early 30s which is fine but it sucks because we are definitely not in the same life mindset. They're fun to hang out with but not easy to relate to. The reason the majority of my Japanese friends are this age is because of where I work, most of the teachers are around this age. It's not that easy to make Japanese friends at random on the street, especially with my language barrier and some peoples' anxiety about speaking to foreigners.) She told me her aunt has just had a new house built, and according to tradition the family comes over and everyone gets on the roof and throws money and mochi (small pounded rice cake things) off the roof for good luck. I thought it was really nice of her to invite me, I like doing traditional or uniquely Japanese things best, I think. Though I'm really nervous because no one will speak English except Noriyo, so I guess my conversation skills will get a good workout. I hope this thing is going to be as weird and cool as it sounds!

Okay off to bed for real now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home